Monday 12 January 2009

As Succinct As It Is Dumb!

There's a website devoted to the strange and frequently bizarre things that Christian fundamentalists come out with and it's well worth a visit, but this one found by the good fellow, Luke O'Dell at Creationist Idiocy is a corker that really should adorn science books: as an example of what not to say and English references as an example of how not to form a cogent argument.

Luke found this on PZ Myers' Pharyngula blog, and although I've tried thrice to leave a comment, I've failed, so I'll repeat it here, but for heaven's sake, take your socks off, tighten your belt and sit down - because your sides are in danger of splitting.


Wait for this....



...here it comes...



...this was posted by someone who doubts biological science (presumably believing in the literal Genesis tale from the KJV)...



...North Carolina resident Joel Fanti said:
"If evolution is so slow, why don't we see anything evolving now?"
I shouldn't really laugh at poor Joel, but I can't help myself. However, it does go some way to question the quality of American education. I don't know what Dr Myers' reaction was but I bet his sides ached for days. I know mine will.

Cheers Luke! I was having a shit day until I read that - what are you drinking?

1 comment:

  1. And having said this in his speech to the Brunswick County school board, he received applause.

    ReplyDelete